Jesus how are you romancing me now?

I have always wondered why I enjoy the first snow fall of the season. I have tried to figure it out. The conclusion I came up with is 'Because God made me that way'. Recently, I was in Juneau for work and again the same feeling that I get when it first snows came back. It is like God is there, all around me. I feel like HE meets me and speaks to me. Not just 'Hey Rekann, I am God and I made all this' but 'Hey Rekann, oh How I LOVE you! and am deeply pleased in you, and love you. I wait everyday to meet with you, Come my love meet with me!' That just tingles me all over! To think that the God of Heaven desires me like that just amazes me! Maybe it is creepy but why not just embrace it! Who else is going to say those words to you? That is the WHOLE essance of God right? and his son Jesus.

As I am still pondering this question, I sort of found my answer through reading this book 'Captivating'. Look at this:
'God has written the Romance not only on our heart but all over the world around us. What we need is for him to open our eyes, to open our ears that we might recognize his voice calling to us, see his hand wooing us in the beauty that quickens our hearts (115)'

That love for the first snow, Juneau Alaska, is part of the 'whispers from my Lover, notes sent to awaken my hearts longing...to remind me He was and is there to heal and restore those things that were lost or stolen'.

So my challenge is to embrace the love, the deep passionate LOVE, that I have with my Jesus. Jesus, how are you romancing me now?

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

Comments