My Black Little Rain Cloud

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success ~ Albert Schweitzer My black little rain cloud is what my husband would use to describe me, or Eyore from Winne the Pooh. If you read my post from about a month or so ago you would know why. For several years I have lived in my black little rain cloud making life for myself, Joe and the kids a pain in the ass. I'm so glad to have started this new adventure with doTERRA because it has helped me get out of the black rain cloud.

I'm reading this book called the Slight Edge, and it is amazing at how much I have learned about my past several years. The book isn't about one man's success and if you follow what he did you'll make millions. Its about how all the little things you do is what makes you happy. Things like: morning coffee, going to the gym, seeing family and so on. How all these little things add up to success because they are what make you happy and happiness is success.

 'Happiness isn't something you pursue it's something you DO. It's a lot of somethings you do. A lot of little somethings',

as I ponder 'when was I most happy in my life?' I can remember that being when I use to do a lot of little things, I use to wake up early, sit at the Waffle Co and drink coffee and read before the sun rose and before other people woke up, I walked a lot, I went to the gym daily, I practiced healthy eating, I said one nice thing to someone every time I saw them, I smiled. IT was all these things that I did that made me happy. I did this EVERYDAY!

 "And unhappiness is created by not doing those simple, easy, everyday things"

Its so true! I stopped doing those things. 1. because I moved, 2. Changes were being made in my life that I was having a hard time adjusting to. Life changed and I wasn't trying to keep up. I was trying to recreate my past. Which no one can do, sorry for the spoiler. Now trying to re start all those little somethings is a little difficult but it is so nice being married to a man who helps you pursue happiness.

The best thing I heard from my husband once was 'you surprise me sometimes because you are very nice'. It was such a nice thing to have someone who has only seen you as a little black rain cloud notice a little light in you. And that caused a strike in me to try more. Plus daily losing my anger on my kids was another motivator. I have for the past few months tried to keep this pathway going. With 2 kids it is hard to find the time to do a lot of the somethings I love to do, but with everyone I get to do I celebrate in the success because it is one more closer then the day before.

Last story, Joe and I went to get dinner at Fidalgo Drive In the other day and he told our waitress: 'tell the other worker, who has this amazing natural red hair, that my wife still loves her hair'. As she did what we asked you saw this girl just perk up and smile because she knew who it from and that it was a nice compliment. Joe looked at me and smiled and said its nice to give good compliments like that. And kissed me. It made me smile inside because I felt like I use to feel: HAPPY!!!

Comments

  1. Rekann, this post was awesome. Definitly very motivating for me too. Especially when I have hard days. Just do a lot of little somethings! Your so inspiring my friend:) I'm sorry you went through some tough life adjustments, but I am glad that you have an amazing husband who loves you so darn much and has helped you through all your rough times:) :) Stay awesome my dear.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment