Death is weird....this is the thought I've had lately.
This last week was the last week a friend, whom I've only known for less than 2 years, passed away. It is amazing the power this short relationship has on me and the traumatic pain I have due to it.
My first experience with death came from when I was in middle school and I went to my step-mom's grandfather's funeral. It was a memorial service open casket which then led to a funeral parade down the road to a cemetery and then food afterwards kind. Very long...very boring. I never met the guy so I didn't understand why so many people were sad or 'walking down memory road'.
Here after that it would be a few more long years til I realized what 'death' really meant. When my grandfather passed a way my take on death would leave a lingering hole that would never be refilled. Since that moment and becoming a Christian this whole death idea didn't seem scary. Which is great and also a happy way to see things.
As I journey further into my adult life death has become more and more apparent. It seems like every so often a good friend I once knew dies or I lose another family member. Yet again I'm brought to the reality of how precious life is. I remember that life does go on without these people but every once in a while it stops when I recall memories with them. During these moments I cycle thru a slur of emotions that yet again reiterates why I feel death is weird.
This last week was the last week a friend, whom I've only known for less than 2 years, passed away. It is amazing the power this short relationship has on me and the traumatic pain I have due to it.
My first experience with death came from when I was in middle school and I went to my step-mom's grandfather's funeral. It was a memorial service open casket which then led to a funeral parade down the road to a cemetery and then food afterwards kind. Very long...very boring. I never met the guy so I didn't understand why so many people were sad or 'walking down memory road'.
Here after that it would be a few more long years til I realized what 'death' really meant. When my grandfather passed a way my take on death would leave a lingering hole that would never be refilled. Since that moment and becoming a Christian this whole death idea didn't seem scary. Which is great and also a happy way to see things.
As I journey further into my adult life death has become more and more apparent. It seems like every so often a good friend I once knew dies or I lose another family member. Yet again I'm brought to the reality of how precious life is. I remember that life does go on without these people but every once in a while it stops when I recall memories with them. During these moments I cycle thru a slur of emotions that yet again reiterates why I feel death is weird.
Comments
Post a Comment