'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' Deut 6:5
ALL! All! I am ready to fast again. Two weeks ago this church that I attend asked all the people in the congregation to fast. Quickly I chose coffee because that is what I did the last time. When I got home I failed that so then I thought maybe Facebook would be a good one. And yet again I failed that one too! I quickly was confronted by Jesus that my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength was not into it. Why? Not too sure though but I knew I wasn't there or strong enough to let the Lord in and work in me. But now after this past week and seeing where my weakness is I cling to the Lord and need Him to still work in me. Fasting is an amazing way to seek God in your life. And I am ready for it.
At the beginning of this post I cited Deut 6:5. This is the verse that I am going to read and study upon during this time. I am going to go over: mind, heart, soul, strength, love and ALL! When the Lord is done revealing what he needs to then the fast will end. Until then...
ALL! All! I am ready to fast again. Two weeks ago this church that I attend asked all the people in the congregation to fast. Quickly I chose coffee because that is what I did the last time. When I got home I failed that so then I thought maybe Facebook would be a good one. And yet again I failed that one too! I quickly was confronted by Jesus that my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength was not into it. Why? Not too sure though but I knew I wasn't there or strong enough to let the Lord in and work in me. But now after this past week and seeing where my weakness is I cling to the Lord and need Him to still work in me. Fasting is an amazing way to seek God in your life. And I am ready for it.
At the beginning of this post I cited Deut 6:5. This is the verse that I am going to read and study upon during this time. I am going to go over: mind, heart, soul, strength, love and ALL! When the Lord is done revealing what he needs to then the fast will end. Until then...
Comments
Post a Comment