Am I Captivating to you?

My desire in the past few months have been to find what lies I have filled my mind and heart with about love and solidify what I know to be biblical love. So that when the Lord brings about 'the one' I will know how to be faithful and an amazing Godly wife...(but still always a horrible cook)

When I started I never knew how God was going to teach me that. After spending time reading and learning more about God, I had to REALLY understand how much he loves me and desires me. After reading this book Captivating, I have learned that Jesus loves me in a romantic way that is very similar to how an earthly man is supose to love. This is a HUGE concept that I knew but never fully understood.

I had to go to Scripture and find some answers to these questions that this book brought about:

'Am I lovely? Do you see me? Do you want to see me? Are you captivated by what you find in me?'

To know these answers I really had to go into God's word and see what He thought...passage after passage God thought I was lovely, and is captivated by me...Even if you look at the Prodigal son, whose father took him back and said lets celebrate because you were lost but are now saved!! You are still captivating to me my child!!

I don't know where I was going with this but I guess, I can just say that through the times in which I wanted to give up on this I have been encouraged by God's love, and not just He sent his son for me love, but deep, passionate, head over heels for me LOVE...The exact kind that I desire to find...Lovin Jesus...

Comments