Boasting About Tomorrow
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:13-14
So I have been reading this book called 'Crazy Love Book'. I have after a month or so finally got to Chapter 4. Haha I am a slow reader! But the 4th chapter talks about my life. Not personally, or that it is written to something that I realate to, but realistically as a follower of Jesus Christ. James writes above that our lives are a mist, a vapor. We are here today but gone tomorrow. Meaning I am dying more everyday.
As humans we have this idea that we are going to live FOREVER! Muhaha...um hate to break to you, but you are not~ I just learned this too, so I am in that boat with you. Really...come on think about this with me. Do you remember who in your family was alive 50 years ago? Can you locate a photo or a specific conversation with them or about them? That is very unlikely! Now think 50 years forward, do you think anyone will be talking about you or remembering you? Unlikely right?! Because even in 50 years your children or grand children are going to remember you maybe every so often but not all the time like we think.
The Bible states many times about giving all that we have to Him because He alone is the ONLY one who can satisfy and make our lives worth living for.
"The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
44'The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
Matthew 13:44
Matthew 16:25-27
25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
Sometimes it is hard to think that I am going to die. Honestly I think about it, don't you? The more we are faced with people dying the more real it becomes. I know though that when I die, there will be no more pain or suffering! Just joy, peace, and 24/7 worshipping the Creator! But until then what do I do?
I LOVE! I love God with everything, all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and with all my strength! Matthew 22:37-38
2 Corinthians 2:14-16
14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?
I love you Lord! I love all the smellyness of you! I want to love you (God) whole heartedly - forget everything else!
Amen
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:13-14
So I have been reading this book called 'Crazy Love Book'. I have after a month or so finally got to Chapter 4. Haha I am a slow reader! But the 4th chapter talks about my life. Not personally, or that it is written to something that I realate to, but realistically as a follower of Jesus Christ. James writes above that our lives are a mist, a vapor. We are here today but gone tomorrow. Meaning I am dying more everyday.
As humans we have this idea that we are going to live FOREVER! Muhaha...um hate to break to you, but you are not~ I just learned this too, so I am in that boat with you. Really...come on think about this with me. Do you remember who in your family was alive 50 years ago? Can you locate a photo or a specific conversation with them or about them? That is very unlikely! Now think 50 years forward, do you think anyone will be talking about you or remembering you? Unlikely right?! Because even in 50 years your children or grand children are going to remember you maybe every so often but not all the time like we think.
The Bible states many times about giving all that we have to Him because He alone is the ONLY one who can satisfy and make our lives worth living for.
"The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
44'The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
Matthew 13:44
Matthew 16:25-27
25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
Sometimes it is hard to think that I am going to die. Honestly I think about it, don't you? The more we are faced with people dying the more real it becomes. I know though that when I die, there will be no more pain or suffering! Just joy, peace, and 24/7 worshipping the Creator! But until then what do I do?
I LOVE! I love God with everything, all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and with all my strength! Matthew 22:37-38
2 Corinthians 2:14-16
14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?
I love you Lord! I love all the smellyness of you! I want to love you (God) whole heartedly - forget everything else!
Amen
Comments
Post a Comment