Is Christ enough for me?

This is a question I asked myself the other day. Is Christ enough for me? What do you think I said? Really think about....are you thinking?...have your answer?....Great! So I said....no! Honestly and brutally I said no, because I have been letting things of this world: money, greed, and my selfish desires overcome my need for Christ.

These past few weeks have been rough. I felt left out of life. So in my loneliness I tried to convince myself that I needed to adopt a dog. Then once I fell in love with this dog, I was told that I was not allowed to get her because we didn't allow pitbulls in my apartment complex. Bahhh! I was more sad and depressed. But you know the one thing I did not do during all this was talk to God! So quickly I tried to find a new place to live while not going to Jesus and relying on Him to heal and fill the gap. I sat in the poor me state for longer then I needed to. Though I still long for the dog, I long even more for Jesus. Because I learned and saw that I didn't think Christ was enough! I mean seriously please name a time when God didn't provide for you? It might not have been the right answer according to you, but didn't God still provide?

At Church on Sunday the questions 'Is Christ enough for me' and 'In whom am I placing my expectations in' were asked. This brought my selfishness these past two weeks to rest because that is what I have been, selfish not selfless.

2nd Corinthians 1: 8-11 says: 8We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our" behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

When coping with change we can be confident in God's promises to us!

Amen and thank you Lord!

Comments

  1. Thank you for being so honest. I too have felt that way. When I have put other things before Christ, it seems to go ok for a while, maybe even a loooong while, but eventually, I'm left feeling empty. NOTHING can replace what Christ was meant to fill.
    Psalm 13:5-6
    But I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment