Wow, I have a ton of stuff to write about! For starters I want to just say how blessed and thankful I am that God never lets go of his love for me! Turely AMAZING!
This summer I really have been working on a lot of things, being more consistent in my relationship with God and letting him fill me with joy has been the top one. As you have read in some of my other blogs, I have been listening to the Village Church on line and went through the 'Cross' series and that really changed the way I viewed my relationship with Jesus and the Cross! Now when I hear or talk about the cross my eyes water and my heart just sinks!
Since moving to Anchorage I have sensed another direction of where my relationship with God was going. I have recently put into words why my relationship with God was so inconsistent and it was because I was making it an obligation. One in which 'DO's and DON'T's' ruled more then anything else, which was also why I would continue going through the perpetual cycle of sin and really not learning why I keep doing what I know I shouldn't be doing. And that was it, because I just viewed my sin as a DON'T to Christ, and nothing more. I didn't desire to change, I just wanted to DO what was right.
After this summer, I just got tired, really tired of honestly doing it on my own. Now I wouldn't have thought I was doing this on my own because I was reading God's word and going to church, but something wasn't there. I was tired, weak, misreable, resentful and exhausted! One night I was talking with God and said 'Lord, what is up with me, its like I don't care about you and I don't know why because, Lord I do' After praying more about where he wanted me to go to church here in Anchorage, I settled and felt peace and comfort with Changepoint. One thing they kept talking about was this 'desire'. Hmmm.....desire? I desire a lot of things! But I wouldn't say I desired God, truely Desired God. You know when you truely desire God, do's and don't's are no longer their, but honor, respect, love, admiration and so on are natural by products.
God has got me there now, to a point where I truely desire him daily, I need him daily! Man without him I can do nothing. And like Peter said, the Lord will fill you with an inexpressable joy and I can't even begin to EXPLAIN all that is taking place, but all that I know is that I need God, I desire GOD!
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I can't begin to tell you how much I love Him but I really do!
1st Peter 1:8-9
This summer I really have been working on a lot of things, being more consistent in my relationship with God and letting him fill me with joy has been the top one. As you have read in some of my other blogs, I have been listening to the Village Church on line and went through the 'Cross' series and that really changed the way I viewed my relationship with Jesus and the Cross! Now when I hear or talk about the cross my eyes water and my heart just sinks!
Since moving to Anchorage I have sensed another direction of where my relationship with God was going. I have recently put into words why my relationship with God was so inconsistent and it was because I was making it an obligation. One in which 'DO's and DON'T's' ruled more then anything else, which was also why I would continue going through the perpetual cycle of sin and really not learning why I keep doing what I know I shouldn't be doing. And that was it, because I just viewed my sin as a DON'T to Christ, and nothing more. I didn't desire to change, I just wanted to DO what was right.
After this summer, I just got tired, really tired of honestly doing it on my own. Now I wouldn't have thought I was doing this on my own because I was reading God's word and going to church, but something wasn't there. I was tired, weak, misreable, resentful and exhausted! One night I was talking with God and said 'Lord, what is up with me, its like I don't care about you and I don't know why because, Lord I do' After praying more about where he wanted me to go to church here in Anchorage, I settled and felt peace and comfort with Changepoint. One thing they kept talking about was this 'desire'. Hmmm.....desire? I desire a lot of things! But I wouldn't say I desired God, truely Desired God. You know when you truely desire God, do's and don't's are no longer their, but honor, respect, love, admiration and so on are natural by products.
God has got me there now, to a point where I truely desire him daily, I need him daily! Man without him I can do nothing. And like Peter said, the Lord will fill you with an inexpressable joy and I can't even begin to EXPLAIN all that is taking place, but all that I know is that I need God, I desire GOD!
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I can't begin to tell you how much I love Him but I really do!
1st Peter 1:8-9
Comments
Post a Comment