The apostle Paul in Philemon 4-7 was writing to the saints while he was in prison. It is just amazing how he lifted them up through prayer and encouragement.
4I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,
5 because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints.
6 I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.
7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.
It is amazing how sometimes as believers was don't find the time to do this. Like it is mentioned hearing of ones faith can give such encouragement and joy. For instance I was on the plane yesterday flying to Fairbanks for work and I sat next to this man that was a Christian! When I got to the airport I had thought about changing my seat but kept saying 'no, no I want to stay in this spot because of x, y, and z'. Then I kept feeling like it was not the right spot, so I went back again and changed to the seat I sat in during the flight.
As the plane started I got out my Bible and started reading from it, just random stuff, when they guy next to me leans over and goes 'What book are you reading from?' Quietly I looked at him and said 'Oh John/Luke(I don't remember)' But then he shared with me his favorite book and from their our conversation just kept going till we reached the ground in Fairbanks.
The one thing that I really enjoyed, that this man said was that it was encouraging for him to hear that someone like me was spending my time with students in high school mentoring and being their friend because that is what they need the most. And I really enjoyed hearing from him that he was encouraged by it! Immediately I was encouraged in my faith and just amazed at how divine God is!
Philemon came to my mind because it talks about how we need to be active in sharing our faith because it helps us really understand God and our love for him! I think this is the first time where I could not stop talking about God and his joy! It could have because this man was a Christian so it helped, but I really felt like God said "Let it go Rekann, share me to this man, because no matter who you talk to about me, Christian or not, Your love for me is ALWAYS the same. It is deep, passionate, beautiful, intense, marvelous and just pure! So let him know it!" Man did I. And man it felt GREAT! Kept me grinning all day!
So my encouragement to you and for myself is to be active in your faith. It isn't about being right or making sure you know all the answers to the questions that people ask, but it is your love story, that is what needs to be more active! What has God done in your life, how has he changed you. So let every know, You Love JESUS!
4I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,
5 because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints.
6 I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.
7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.
It is amazing how sometimes as believers was don't find the time to do this. Like it is mentioned hearing of ones faith can give such encouragement and joy. For instance I was on the plane yesterday flying to Fairbanks for work and I sat next to this man that was a Christian! When I got to the airport I had thought about changing my seat but kept saying 'no, no I want to stay in this spot because of x, y, and z'. Then I kept feeling like it was not the right spot, so I went back again and changed to the seat I sat in during the flight.
As the plane started I got out my Bible and started reading from it, just random stuff, when they guy next to me leans over and goes 'What book are you reading from?' Quietly I looked at him and said 'Oh John/Luke(I don't remember)' But then he shared with me his favorite book and from their our conversation just kept going till we reached the ground in Fairbanks.
The one thing that I really enjoyed, that this man said was that it was encouraging for him to hear that someone like me was spending my time with students in high school mentoring and being their friend because that is what they need the most. And I really enjoyed hearing from him that he was encouraged by it! Immediately I was encouraged in my faith and just amazed at how divine God is!
Philemon came to my mind because it talks about how we need to be active in sharing our faith because it helps us really understand God and our love for him! I think this is the first time where I could not stop talking about God and his joy! It could have because this man was a Christian so it helped, but I really felt like God said "Let it go Rekann, share me to this man, because no matter who you talk to about me, Christian or not, Your love for me is ALWAYS the same. It is deep, passionate, beautiful, intense, marvelous and just pure! So let him know it!" Man did I. And man it felt GREAT! Kept me grinning all day!
So my encouragement to you and for myself is to be active in your faith. It isn't about being right or making sure you know all the answers to the questions that people ask, but it is your love story, that is what needs to be more active! What has God done in your life, how has he changed you. So let every know, You Love JESUS!
That is so awesome that you met someone on the plane that you got to talk to. I think Gof planned that just right for you! Awesome! It does feel so good to beable to just talk someones brains out about God, I am so glad that you had that opportunity! love you my Friend!
ReplyDelete