Utterly and completely crying for the Cross

This morning again I am brought to my knees at the wonder and power of the Lord. Literally this time I am utterly and completely brought to tears. Never ever can I say this has happened to me. If you know me, I don’t cry, not anymore, not for weddings, not for births, not for much of anything. But this morning the Lord brought before me new challenges and thoughts that I was embarrassed to admit to Him and even more to myself. I thought how much of a joke I am for the Lord. But it all came together at the end.
Let us begin friends, so I have been going through this sermon series on ‘The Cross’ at www.thevillagechurch.net/sermons Today I listened to part 5. And really to challenge yourself start at part one, if not cheat and listen to part 5. Part 5 is named ‘of first importance’, which really that seems like you already know what it is going to be about. But wait it is going to get better. Look at 1st Corinthians 15: 1-8. Yup that’s right the Resurrection of Christ. Look at verse 3 Paul clearly says ‘for what I received I passed on to you, as of first importance that Christ died for our sins…’. What is of first importance? The Cross! Look then who Jesus appears to: Peter, a complete and utter coward for the Cross, the 12, 500 brothers at one time, James who is Jesus’ brother, the Apostles, and Paul. What a list huh?
What is occurring in the Resurrection? Our justification Romans 4:23-25, nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever separate us from the love of Christ. So when I decide to live according to the flesh God doesn’t separate from me, His love is still there. Romans 8: 28-39. We are more than conquerors!
This is where the crying comes in to play…ready? Here it is all of me out there for those who may know or don’t know can be brought before the Lord. What does this mean for myself and others? Ephesians 1: 15-21.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spiritf]">[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and HIS incomparably great POWER for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.
‘THE SAME SUPER-NATURAL GOD SATURATED POWER IS NOW AT WORK FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE’ The same God who put together Jesus’ broken bones and raised him from the dead and then sat Him at the right-hand of the Father, is the power that is within me. The power of Cross is that… that is within me. So that is what it means for myself and others.
Here the tears are unraveling by this time…good thing I was sitting in the corner huh? When I fall in love with Jesus and still mess up, praise the Lord that He never lets go. Christ went to the Cross and said it is finished, and so His love goes. Christ says don’t give up, because I will hold you, DON’T GIVE UP, I WILL HELP, DON’T LET GO, I knew I was going to the Cross (Genesis 12) but look what I did, I went, I didn’t give up, I, Christ ‘finished it’. The same power that was in me, Christ, is the same power that is in you! DON’T LET GO! DON’T GIVE UP!
Are you crying yet? Because I am again! Man you really should check this out.

Comments