No Coffee today because I want to know

So yesterday or sometime ago I was listening to a sermon on line and doing my daily reading when they started asking the church to go into fasting every Wednesday to see if building a new church is what God wanted. I got to thinking that I have never really done any sort of fasting. Only because if I miss one meal I tend to get light headed and pass out. So seeing how that is no good, I just never gave it a shot. But one thing the pastor was mentioning is that fasting for him is giving up coffee sometimes, and standing in the kitchen making coffee for his wife when he clearly couldn't have it.

The purpose of this is to bring yourself humbly before the Lord and call out to Him during a time in which we are hungry or needing some thing that we can't live without. We are to spend time in prayer with Him. So today I am taking that to heart. I am not drinking coffee today because I want to know and feel the true and complete humility and spend time with God talking.

Comments