It's all in Good Faith

..............................


How far I have come!



.. ..



As I am
sitting here updating my profile I start to dwell on the fact that I am
graduating in about 39 more days. I just finished doing my creepy stalker
rampage, where I look up old friends from high school and see what they are
doing. Honestly lets face it I am going to be living back in ....Oregon.... again within seven weeks why not
check up right? Haha well I guess I see things differently. Looking at them I
start to appreciate the fact that I left and chose a different path for my
life. Not that what they are doing now is less important then what I am doing.
There are those friends who had to have someone at all times and are now going
into another serious relationship, the one friend who just is content working
the same job since high school, and then there is the friend whose parents
sheltered them too much and now they are completely whacked out.



In 39 more
days I will be the first in my family to walk across a floor that I have played
many sports on through out the last four years and receive a Bachelors degree.
How freaking encouraging is that?!! But what once felt like it took forever to
get to now seems not so distant. I came to ....Juneau.. ..Alaska....
four years ago this upcoming August. My senior year in high school was a rough
one. I applied to two schools: U of O and UAS. I got accepted to both. For some
reason U of O wasn’t working out in my mind, soul, or spirit. There was an
unsettling feeling that I got when I thought about how life would be if I went
their. So, on a whim one day I chose UAS. Not only was it financially
affordable, it was far away from home, and was the only way out of dealing with
a relationship that should have ended years before. So on August 27th
I flew here to settle into what I call home.



The next
four years seemed to have just gone so quickly but if there is one thing that I
am thankful for it is for coming here. Not only did I get the education that I
wanted but I got to learn about myself and the things that I want and value in
life. I have been able to find peace about past relationships and learned to be
strong emotionally and mentally. I have found what good friendships are. I am
sad to be leaving this place because I will no longer be reminded of those
times but I will take the lessons learned and keep going forward.

Comments