Matthew 28:18-20 'The Great Commission'
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
The other day at church I learned a ton of things. Though I have only gone to two churches since I have been a Christian they have all been small churches, where everyone knows everyone. Now I go to a church that is 5,000 plus large! WOW! I may know about two people right now, but I have never really felt like I belonged at a church like I do here. And funny story that was the message this last Sunday!
I started this blog with the Great Commission, what we as Christians are suppose to do. But as I do, we often forget that we are not alone. We have something in common with everyone, Jew, Gentile, Greek, Non-Christian and Christian, is that we all need Jesus! EVERYONE! I need Him, you need Him, and the person next to you needs Him! We all are desparate for Grace!
We went over 1st Corinthians 12:12-26 'One Body, Many Parts'
14-20 Talks about how we are ALL necessary!
21-23a We are ALL needed!
23-26 We ALL share in the pain and the glory (victory!)
verse 27 'Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it'
I don't know how many times I probably read this verse because I didn't feel like I belonged, but now I understand it more or in a more in depth way. Since moving to Anchorage I haven't felt like I 'belonged'. I am not too sure why, but I keep praying and praying and talking to people about what is going on. And again a time at church God told me, 'Hey, Rekann, It is not about fitting in but standing out for Jesus!' So the desire of my heart for the past few weeks is not trying to fit in, but standing out and being who I am in Christ! Also finding a church to belong to and getting plugged in.
One of the 'Getting Deeper' questions was: 'Have you ever been in a place where you felt like you truely belonged and why do you think this is?' And I answered that question with Juneau and the people I have established great relationships with. Immediatley I listed a few people. And I plan on calling and talking to these people and letting them know that I thank them for being part of my belonging! I have told one person so far! So I am 10% there :) lol!
Thank God for bringing the Peace to my soul and strengthing me through this time! YIPPY!
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
The other day at church I learned a ton of things. Though I have only gone to two churches since I have been a Christian they have all been small churches, where everyone knows everyone. Now I go to a church that is 5,000 plus large! WOW! I may know about two people right now, but I have never really felt like I belonged at a church like I do here. And funny story that was the message this last Sunday!
I started this blog with the Great Commission, what we as Christians are suppose to do. But as I do, we often forget that we are not alone. We have something in common with everyone, Jew, Gentile, Greek, Non-Christian and Christian, is that we all need Jesus! EVERYONE! I need Him, you need Him, and the person next to you needs Him! We all are desparate for Grace!
We went over 1st Corinthians 12:12-26 'One Body, Many Parts'
14-20 Talks about how we are ALL necessary!
21-23a We are ALL needed!
23-26 We ALL share in the pain and the glory (victory!)
verse 27 'Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it'
I don't know how many times I probably read this verse because I didn't feel like I belonged, but now I understand it more or in a more in depth way. Since moving to Anchorage I haven't felt like I 'belonged'. I am not too sure why, but I keep praying and praying and talking to people about what is going on. And again a time at church God told me, 'Hey, Rekann, It is not about fitting in but standing out for Jesus!' So the desire of my heart for the past few weeks is not trying to fit in, but standing out and being who I am in Christ! Also finding a church to belong to and getting plugged in.
One of the 'Getting Deeper' questions was: 'Have you ever been in a place where you felt like you truely belonged and why do you think this is?' And I answered that question with Juneau and the people I have established great relationships with. Immediatley I listed a few people. And I plan on calling and talking to these people and letting them know that I thank them for being part of my belonging! I have told one person so far! So I am 10% there :) lol!
Thank God for bringing the Peace to my soul and strengthing me through this time! YIPPY!
Comments
Post a Comment