To all who want a challenge or are finding their relationship with Christ a little dry.
So last night I randomly found myself in a place that I had not planned on being. So at 6:30 I was on my way over to the Women's Bible study at this lady's house. However due to circumstances that I don't know of, she wasn't home. I thought of what else I should do. "Well there is another Bible study with the BCM group. But I have already done that study and really I just don't want to go." I thought to myself. I called one of the hosts and asked if they needed anything from the store before I went. Grabbed what they needed and headed over. During this time I am trying to admit that I need to be here not because I like the Bible study but because I have gone so far away from these people that I depsertley needed their fellowship. So I went.
To my surprise I had a good time. Again the Bible study was the same, so really nothing new learned their. But I did learn that what is missing in most of our Bible studies is complete honesty. At one point the host asked: 'When you were watching this segment, did you notice any part in your life where sin invades?' and immediatley after he said this "don't answer that if you don't want to". What the crap?! This is where he should say 'If you are struggling with sin, no matter what it is, because it is all the same, tell us, let us pray for you, let us keep you accountable'. This is the problem with Bible studies, we get a group together and forget we are their for accountabiltiy. The person who is struggling with sin shouldn't feel that they can't say anything but should say everything!
Which brings me to my little challenge. My best friend introduced this church to me on-line. Its called the Village Chruch and the pastor their Matt Chandler had an interesting sermon one time that I stumbled upon that hit this issue I mentioned above. Besides that this morning I was listening to another one called 'Like a Child'. Sometimes I think it is amazing how God is humorous with us because the sermon was exactly what we talked about at Bible study. Check it out: http://hv.thevillagechurch.net/sermons
Listen to it and let me know what you think!
So last night I randomly found myself in a place that I had not planned on being. So at 6:30 I was on my way over to the Women's Bible study at this lady's house. However due to circumstances that I don't know of, she wasn't home. I thought of what else I should do. "Well there is another Bible study with the BCM group. But I have already done that study and really I just don't want to go." I thought to myself. I called one of the hosts and asked if they needed anything from the store before I went. Grabbed what they needed and headed over. During this time I am trying to admit that I need to be here not because I like the Bible study but because I have gone so far away from these people that I depsertley needed their fellowship. So I went.
To my surprise I had a good time. Again the Bible study was the same, so really nothing new learned their. But I did learn that what is missing in most of our Bible studies is complete honesty. At one point the host asked: 'When you were watching this segment, did you notice any part in your life where sin invades?' and immediatley after he said this "don't answer that if you don't want to". What the crap?! This is where he should say 'If you are struggling with sin, no matter what it is, because it is all the same, tell us, let us pray for you, let us keep you accountable'. This is the problem with Bible studies, we get a group together and forget we are their for accountabiltiy. The person who is struggling with sin shouldn't feel that they can't say anything but should say everything!
Which brings me to my little challenge. My best friend introduced this church to me on-line. Its called the Village Chruch and the pastor their Matt Chandler had an interesting sermon one time that I stumbled upon that hit this issue I mentioned above. Besides that this morning I was listening to another one called 'Like a Child'. Sometimes I think it is amazing how God is humorous with us because the sermon was exactly what we talked about at Bible study. Check it out: http://hv.thevillagechurch.net/sermons
Listen to it and let me know what you think!
Comments
Post a Comment