I tried waking up this morning and it was going well. My nose was stuffy and throat hurt really bad. So I decided to turn off the snooze and sleep till I woke up! Praise the Lord though that I really slept hard the next two hours and woke up feeling better. Looking at the time I was late for church and since I am downtown didn't want to drive into the valley just to drive back. So I stayed home, well I went and got coffee and then made some breaktfast and listened to a sermon on line. You can find it at http://hv.thevillagechurch.net/sermons It is called the 'A Vocabulary of the Cross' it was on the 1st of April 2007.
What I learned which came at the end is that no where in the Bible does it say that we are to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, but yet for months we do. We put up trees, mangers, little baby Jesus', and the like. But why where in the Bible does it say remember the birth of Jesus?
What the Bible does say is remember the cross not just once a year but every day. One verse that I remembed when I use to go to church with friends who lived down the street from me is this one: 'Jesus said to them all 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross DAILY and follow me'. (Luke 9:23). The cross is a beautiful representation for those who profess Jesus as their Savior and live a life that is pleasing to Him. The cross was known about at the foundation of the world, the cross the was known that He would die, the cross shows atoniment, sacrifice, offering, reconciliation, holiness, propitiation and so much more. So now why then do we recognize the birth of Jesus more then our DAILY cross that we should be taking up?
Now that really made me think and will hopefully get you to think to. Because really we all do this. Not that it is wrong or not needed, but we forget or lose out on that sight. Man I know I sure do.
Hebrews 9:25-26, Eph. 5:1-2, Mark 10:45, 1 Cor. 6:20, Col 1, Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3, Psalms 22, Romans 3:8, 1 Cor. 15:3, John 1:29, Romans 8:3, Hebrews 9:22 & 26
What I learned which came at the end is that no where in the Bible does it say that we are to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, but yet for months we do. We put up trees, mangers, little baby Jesus', and the like. But why where in the Bible does it say remember the birth of Jesus?
What the Bible does say is remember the cross not just once a year but every day. One verse that I remembed when I use to go to church with friends who lived down the street from me is this one: 'Jesus said to them all 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross DAILY and follow me'. (Luke 9:23). The cross is a beautiful representation for those who profess Jesus as their Savior and live a life that is pleasing to Him. The cross was known about at the foundation of the world, the cross the was known that He would die, the cross shows atoniment, sacrifice, offering, reconciliation, holiness, propitiation and so much more. So now why then do we recognize the birth of Jesus more then our DAILY cross that we should be taking up?
Now that really made me think and will hopefully get you to think to. Because really we all do this. Not that it is wrong or not needed, but we forget or lose out on that sight. Man I know I sure do.
Hebrews 9:25-26, Eph. 5:1-2, Mark 10:45, 1 Cor. 6:20, Col 1, Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3, Psalms 22, Romans 3:8, 1 Cor. 15:3, John 1:29, Romans 8:3, Hebrews 9:22 & 26
Comments
Post a Comment