So funny story! For my high school graduation I received a new Bible from this family of the guy I was dating. It was really cute, small, black, had my name and graduation date on it. I loved the easy stashing this Bible was! It fit anywhere I was going. Four years later when I graduated from college I received a new Bible from a lady that I know through church and BCM. Unfortunantly this Bible is not as small, black and doesn't have my name on it. But after staying in my car for two weeks I finally opened it, to find out that I love it too!
This morning I was reading Jeremiah 2 while drinking and eating my breakfast (coffee and banana). I think this might possibly be my favorite book in the Bible but I will let you know. So I am reading and automatically I read one verse and thought...'huh that's amazing!' So I underlined it. Thought I would share:
"I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown" verse 2
"Condider then and realize how evil and bitter it is for you when you forsake the Lord your God and have no awe of me, declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty" verse 19
Their were a few more verse 20, 21, and 33. 33 was kind of funny! But 20 and 21 make you kind of sad in a sense.
I liked verse 2 the best because it shows how the Israelites forsaked God. Even though they once showed Him love when their faith first began but like a bride. Grant it I have never been married so I am not to sure all the commitment that goes into it. But a friend once explained to me its like saying you will follow them forever good or bad.
Verse 19 is kind of like God throwing dirt in your face or calling you out! In words He says that we are evil and bitter because we don't listen or be in awe of Him and all the He can and will do!
Then their is verse 33, which made me chuckle. God tells the Israelites that they are flimsy with their love like women who are flosey. Funny huh?!
This morning I was reading Jeremiah 2 while drinking and eating my breakfast (coffee and banana). I think this might possibly be my favorite book in the Bible but I will let you know. So I am reading and automatically I read one verse and thought...'huh that's amazing!' So I underlined it. Thought I would share:
"I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown" verse 2
"Condider then and realize how evil and bitter it is for you when you forsake the Lord your God and have no awe of me, declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty" verse 19
Their were a few more verse 20, 21, and 33. 33 was kind of funny! But 20 and 21 make you kind of sad in a sense.
I liked verse 2 the best because it shows how the Israelites forsaked God. Even though they once showed Him love when their faith first began but like a bride. Grant it I have never been married so I am not to sure all the commitment that goes into it. But a friend once explained to me its like saying you will follow them forever good or bad.
Verse 19 is kind of like God throwing dirt in your face or calling you out! In words He says that we are evil and bitter because we don't listen or be in awe of Him and all the He can and will do!
Then their is verse 33, which made me chuckle. God tells the Israelites that they are flimsy with their love like women who are flosey. Funny huh?!
Comments
Post a Comment