Why do people need to change?
First off it is inevitable. It’s the way we were designed. Every day we change. The most recognizable are things like our clothes, coffee creamer and route to work. Changes that are not so recognizable are things like hope, love, dealing with anger and those attributes. How do we know we need to change? What will we lose if we don’t? Who will support us when we go thru these changes and will they be there in the end? Also who do we go to to make these changes? Friends, family, self-help books, Jesus, counseling? How do we know which is best? Do we chose them all or try and repeat.
These are my own questions to which I will answer. (to be continued...due to mommy responsibilities)
TIME = PATIENCE = PROCESS = PROGRESS
The things we know we need to change is hard. One we have to truly look at ourselves subjectively and when we do, if you say ‘Yikes…I wouldn’t want to be my friend either.’ That might be a cue. Or when someone you love is seriously hurt by your actions…not just once but repeatedly that might be another sign. I fall into both of these areas. However it took hurting someone multiple times and losing them to take a subjective look. What we will lose if we don’t change is in my case love. I have lost love. Someone who spent the last year doing everything they could think of to love me and now I’m alone without it. But more than losing love you are losing time. Time, which could be spent making yourself improve as a person. After you have hurt someone to the point in which I did it is hard to wonder who will support you while you go thru this change because the one person you relied on is no longer with you in the capacity and comfort that you need. Yes they are there and hopefully encouraging and supporting this change but it is not how you desire. Nonetheless you still need to change. My end result is my ‘hope’ which I don’t know if making a change will help make my ‘hope’ come true, but I will try everything short of the moon and stars.
Lastly where do we seek change? Yes we seek within ourselves for this change. But who or what is the kick starter? What book do we read that will motivate us? What family or friend has the right inspirational story that will ignite our new journey? I think I’m book happy. I bought and downloaded three books. Now I have to space my time out to see which one will work the best. I have ‘Love Dare’, ‘5 Love Languages’ and ‘Love is a Verb’. I have truly bounced back and forth on which book I want to start with. At this moment Love Dare is winning out. The only thing is I need TIME and PATIENCE…my two worst enemies. (Haha why the change is needed). Also I am seeking professional help. Most of what we need to change have been lifelong processes that it is the only thing we have known. How I was raised with things (deal with feelings, arguing, how I treat other people) its all I know on the processing part. I have tried to change on my own and been successful most of the time but also not ALL the time. In my family counseling is frowned upon. We are strong people and can handle our emotions. Well I have come to the realization that I’m not strong and I suck at handling my emotions and want to do way better at it. So I’m excited to see where this will lead and the change that will take place. I know my 'hope' may not be what comes of it, but that is my only 'hope'.
Comments
Post a Comment